The Monroe Owen County Medical Society (MOCMS) is a not for profit professional organization of physicians in Bloomington and the surrounding area. It is a member group of the Indiana State Medical Association. Organized in 1940, the MOCMS is dedicated to the provision of quality healthcare in this community. Our services reach out to community members in addition to benefitting our physician members.
What can MOCMS do for you as a community member or patient?
- Assist you in finding a local physician/specialist for your medical needs
- Lead you to community health resources to suit your particular medical issues
- Identify upcoming community health related events
- Help you understand what issues are impacting healthcare in Indiana and nationally
What can MOCMS do for you as a physician?
- Learn about the benefits/services of membership in MOCMS
- Apply for membership online
- Access the MOCMS newsletters
- Quickly locate professional resources
- Identify current legislation affecting medical practice
Welcome New Members!
Jeanette Hammerstein, MD – Emergency Medicine
Dr. Hammerstein is a graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine, completed her residency program at MERC Spectrum Health and is board certified in Emergency Medicine. She has joined the Northern Indiana Emergency Physicians team and is currently working at Monroe Hospital.
Laura B. Knudson, MD – Family Medicine
Dr. Knudson has joined the Family and Internal Medicine team at IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians. She is a graduate of the University of Minnesota School of Medicine. She completed her residency at the University of Utah and is board certified in family medicine.
Ryan J. Otten, MD – Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Dr. Otten has joined IU Health Occupational Health. He graduated from the Indiana University School of Medicine and attended the Health Partners Occupational Medicine program in St. Paul, Minnesota, for his residency and is board certified.
Kenneth E. Marshall, MD – Administrative Medicine
Dr. Marshall graduated from the University of Kentucky School of Medicine and completed his residency in family medicine at the Anniston Family Practice Center in Alabama. Practicing in family medicine for six years before moving into administrative affairs in 1995, he is now the Chief Medical Officer of IU Health Bloomington Hospital. He is also the president of the Southern Indiana Physicians.